Thursday, August 16, 2012

Desktop: Cityscape

Once I found this wallpaper I knew I had to make a desktop setup around it; I just love cityscapes, and this is one of the best I’ve seen.

FIRST Cityscape Desktop

(click for larger version)

(download the wallpaper here)

Before I start, for those of you unfamiliar with the drill, I’m running Rainmeter v1.1.

You’ll notice many of the same elements as last time. In the top left corner, you’ll see my tweaked version of Enigma’s Sidebar Systems skin. All the essential information in one box. Handy.

Below it is Enigma’s Arcs beautifully futuristic yet informative clock, and to the right, I’ve got Cal-Week and Clock. Small but visible, they’re the perfect compliment to Arcs.

To the right of them, I’ve got HUD.Vision’s White Network.upload and Network.download skins, for a quick check up on my connection.

In the top right corner, I’ve got HUD.Vision’s White CPU skin which gives me a quick look at the system information and usage as well as the most-demanding process, so I don’t need to open up Task Manager.

And in the bottom left corner, the iTunes White skin by R3ginald. While it’s style may not be of the highest calibre (there is both a pause and play button; the volume is not controlled by dragging but rather by repeatedly clicking the two speaker icons), it’s extremely handy and fits in well with the background and other skins. It should be noted I tried to install Multi-Plugin v2.1 for iTunes so that I could install a black skin and use the mini player, but my efforts resulted in my having to reinstall iTunes (due to compatibility issues) and both help and updated versions are difficult to find online. I will persist, though.

I also changed the window colour to “Graphite” for a slightly darker look, and changed my Firefox persona to “Dark Cityscape”. That’s all up to you, but I find it’s a nice addition.

Thanks for reading! If you’ve got any questions, please leave a comment. See you next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment